Monday, March 7, 2011

Mia the Wild Stallion

Mondays with Macy and Mia


We were at Springdale 1st Assembly this past Sunday. We had a 10 minute window to share with the people about our missions calling. Macy and Mia both shared some things using the microphone, as usual. Now the thing that was DIFFERENT this Sunday - is that I had neglected to find someone before service to take the girls back to their class after they were done with their "part".... Big mistake! We had them go back to their seat while Mommy and Daddy finished speaking....so that they wouldn't be dancing all over the stage being a distraction....

Well, leave it to Mia to find a way to still be in the spotlight! I could tell that while I was speaking that there was movement going on down there! But I stayed FOCUSED on the task to share quickly so that Pastor Fant could have ample time for his sermon....

Then I looked down to see Mia throw one leg over the pew like she was riding a horse! Brad quickly went down and had her SIT quiet and still until I finished! Shari, the Pastor's wife was sitting about 6 rows behind the girls... and she told us after service that right before the "stallion riding" - that Mia had looked at the people behind her and said "Watch this!" - and then proceeded to SLIDE down the curved arm of the pew....

I mean... seriously? She has NEVER done anything like this! I can't remember if I fed her sugar that morning or what...maybe it was just being in such a large church with so many "fans" to entertain... but she was ultra ENERGETIC this Sunday! And that got her a big TALK about how to act during church! (Example: We don't climb on the pews and slide down the arms of the pew!) :)

Next Monday I have a really special post about Macy to share! So stay tuned!

2 comments:

Treasure Seeker said...

well..... noni thinks it's cute..... :)

Glenda McMath said...

Just got an email from a lady at this church...

she said, "As soon I saw the title of this post, I laughed immediately because I knew what you were about to address! I was in the choir so I got to see most of this taking place (too bad I missed seeing her slide down the pew arm...that would have been great!)."
:>)