Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How to Keep up with Blogs

Technology Tip Tuesday

I used to make bookmarks of all of my friends blogs that I wanted to keep up with.  That meant I had to manually go to each link every so often to see if there was anything new.

Now I use Google Reader.  You just add all of your favorite blogs as subscriptions... then you can just go to "reader" every other day and see if anyone has posted anything new.  Awesome.  I even have the google app downloaded to my iPhone.  That way when I am stuck somewhere and have a few minutes, I can just go to my Google App, click on reader, and it automatically brings up all of my friends blogs that I subscribe to.  I love getting caught up over a cup of coffee in the mornings!

Watch this video for a "how to" on getting started with Google Reader:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSPZ2Uu_X3Y

In addition, go to www.google.com/reader and scroll down to the THIRD post that says "A quick video tutorial" and watch the video.  Very helpful!

Enjoy keeping up with your favorite blogs the easier way!  (You can also click on the posts in reader if you want to actually visit the blog)

Let me know if you have any questions - or if you know of another great way to keep up with blogs!

No comments: