Monday, November 29, 2010

Sweetness

Mondays with Macy and Mia

The other night Mia just melted my heart...

We were having prayer time before going to bed, and I asked the girls what they were thankful for.
Mia said in her sweet little voice, "...you....my sister....and my daddy!"  And then she wrinkled up her nose and snuggled up in her blanket.

Those words shook me for a moment.  This little girl that was halfway around the world and alone at one time -is now placed in our family.  We love her, we adore her, and can not imagine life without her.  Her thankfulness tonight seems so simple to her.  Yet I know how profound it really is.

We have been blessed beyond measure by adoption.
-----------------------

Later that night, Macy came into the living room to give me her book and flashlight she had been using to read.  She then asked if  I could move Mia.  She said Mia had gotten up into the top bunk with her!  Macy had been reading to her for the past 20 minutes!  Macy said, "Mia is now fast asleep!"  I love it when there is sweetness between my girls...because we have our moments!

No comments: